Russian Flagship students are invited to sign up for a pilot tutorial...
Language Flagship Scholarships
UW-Madison Russian Flagship students in good standing who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for merit-based Language Flagship scholarships administered through the UW-Madison Russian Flagship Program. The Language Flagship scholarships are intended to help to defray the cost in participating in the following activities:
- Academic yearlong Russian Overseas Flagship Capstone Program at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in Almaty, Kazakhstan, administered by American Councils for International Education. Awards are made in two installments, one for the fall and one for the spring semester.
- Summer Russian Language and Area Studies Program (RLASP) at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in Almaty, Kazakhstan, administered by American Councils.
- Intensive summer Russian language program at UW-Madison or through the other domestic Russian Flagship Programs at Bryn Mawr College, Portland State University, or UCLA.
Contracted ROTC cadets are eligible to receive Language Flagship Scholarship funds to cover all costs associated with participating in these same activities. Information on ROTC Language Flagship Scholarships can be found here.
Students who apply for Language Flagship scholarships for overseas study must apply for other sources of funding as well.
Annual Application Deadline: April 1
- Funding for Language Flagship scholarships is limited, based upon the amount that UW-Madison receives in a given year to support Language Flagship scholarships, and on the number of eligible students who apply.
- Russian Flagship students who have not entered a profile in the Student Certification System will not be eligible for Language Flagship scholarships. Students must keep their information in the Student Certification System up-to-date. Update your student profile in the Student Certification System now.
Questions about Language Flagship Scholarships or the Student Certification System? Please contact Laura Weigel, Russian Flagship Program Coordinator.
Funding for ROTC Language Flagship Scholarships is from the National Security Education Program (NSEP) at the U.S. Department of Defense.