Russian House/Русский дом
Будьте как дома в Русском доме! Make yourself at home in Russian house!
Interested in Russian? Want to live in a supportive and fun environment with other students who share that interest? Intrigued by the idea of becoming part of an internationally-oriented community on campus? Русский дом, Russian House, may be for you!
In Русский дом, students:
- live with other students of Russian in the International Learning Community in Adams Hall, a dormitory on the shores of Lake Mendota located only 5 minutes from Van Hise Hall;
- enjoy lots of opportunities to practice using Russian outside of class;
- participate in social activities: cook Russian meals, watch Russian movies, read Russian magazines, play Russian games;
- enroll in a 1-credit course on Russian culture taught by a faculty member in the Department of Slavic Languages and Literature . In Fall 2013 Professor Karen Evans-Romaine is teaching a course entitled Russian Popular Song: Music and Meaning
- participate in International Learning Community events such as roundtable dinners and international programs;
- benefit from the support of a community of like-minded students who share their interest in Russian language and culture. View a video about the ILC>